- Hormonal Imbalances: PMS, strong menopausal symptoms, irregular menses
- Gastrointestinal irritation
- Bowel disease
- Cardiovascular disease
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Chronic pain or swelling of joints
- Weight gain
Inflammation is a natural response by the body to infections, injuries, allergies and what the body perceives as “foreign objects”. When we are exposed to these things (such as environmental toxins, poor nutrition and high levels of stress) inflammatory cascades are triggered leading to symptoms that may include redness, swelling, skin rashes, fever and pain. If we continually expose ourselves to triggers such as food allergens or environmental chemicals, we create chronic inflammation in the body.
Chronic inflammation is strongly connected to an increased risk of major health conditions such as arthritis, cancer, heart disease, diabetes, autoimmune diseases and skin reactions such as psoriasis, eczema and signs of pre-mature aging.
1. The first step to long-term health, weight loss, increased energy, healthy digestion and glowing skin requires getting inflammation under control. This should start first and foremost with nutrition. Eliminating all sources of food sensitivities and allergies immediately takes the daily burden off your body and can quickly and dramatically reduce inflammation.
2. The second step is supporting your detoxification pathways through liver, kidney, gastrointestinal and lung health. Herbal, vitamin and mineral support can help heal these systems.
3. Hydrotherapy is a powerful tool that can be used at home or done by a professional to improve circulation of blood and lymphatics.
4. Stress management through various techniques including breathing, yoga, coaching, counselling and herbal remedies can help reset our nervous system in favor of the parasympathetic pathway and help reduce cortisol levels. Stress management is often the root cause for improving many aspects of health by encouraging muscle relaxation, bowel elimination, good sleeping patterns and hormonal balance.
Find out how Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine can help you reset your body, reduce inflammation and prevent disease.